TY, VINNY!! FISTPUMP!!
Ways in which this was a great week for Murray despite the fact that, NO, IT WAS NOT A SLAM:
1. First title of the year! And it was a defense! Defending a title is always great.
2. First time beating Roger Federer in a final. Also, first win over Federer after 3 straight losses, the last one being the AO final earlier this year. The match that set off a mini slump.
3. Amazing confidence boost after parting ways with coach. Maybe he SHOULD hire his mom. (Cute hug at the end there, btw.)
– BBC As It Happens: 2058: Good stuff from both players and smiles all around as Murray points to the sky and says something along the lines of Where I come from, this isn’t rain”, before Federer responds, “Where I come from, it is.” (THERE IS NO SUCH A THING AS A SUN IN SCOTLAND!!)
– Look at the players who have won this tournament from 2004 onwards. Fed-Rafa-Fed-Djokovic-Rafa-Murray-Murray. Scary era.
– A !!SMILING PIC!! of your 2010 Rogers Cup champ.